The Weave Structures Study group first met in late summer 2019 and agreed upon the following:
- We would choose a different weave structure to study every three months.
- We would help each other, or bring in someone from the guild with more experience to help us if needed.
- Each member would choose their own project and materials, and weave it within three months.
- We would meet monthly to talk about challenges and what we were learning.
- At the end of the three month period, we would show our projects to the guild.
The group has actively been weaving a new structure every 3 months, even through the pandemic! Sadly we’ve not been actively posting to this page.
Q2′ 2021’s structure is Overshot. We remarked that we’ve gone from supplemental warp projects to supplemental weft projects!
In Q1 2021, we chose supplemental warp and had Deb Essen talk to us about how to do it! She gave us a great presentation and the group left feeling like they could accomplish a project. More than one of us in the group will be doing more supplemental warp projects! Here are some of the projects, zoom in to see details.
This green scarf was woven in bamboo by KS.
A couple of runners by JF. The first one is made from J’s sheep at Deer Hollow Farm! And the green one is a fingering weight wool.
JG’s new scarf
AM made a sample of warpwise woven shibori in 8/2 tencel, dyed in Procion “Avocado”. Sample is ironed flat; apparent texture is due to how the dye struck the fabric.
============================================================The members decided upon Rep Weave for the first weave structure! Projects were presented at the January 2020 Guild meeting. In Q1 2020, we picked Shadow Weave.